Sunday, December 4, 2011

Bye, bye, Blue

Saying goodbye can be so hard to do…especially when it’s been your napping couch for 9 + years.  Depending on who you ask the departure of the couch was either sudden or discussed many times.  I’m guessing it’s pretty easy to figure out which one is Michael’s and which one was mine. 

Blue was an excellent couch and held up through quite a bit (two rambunctious boys,  countless other kids, Michael’s bed for the first year in Redlands).  It was, by far, the best napping couch ever and the couch we purchase to replace it will have to have amazing napability. 

We had discussed that Blue wouldn’t be making the move, but never discussed getting rid of her before hand.  Though when the Christmas tree cam in, we knew now was a good time to say our goodbyes.

P1011175

Michael saying goodbye one last time.

Till we move big Brown will be filling in for Blue.

341

I know, silly post, but you wouldn’t believe how sad Michael was to have to say goodbye to his beloved couch.   

5 comments:

Ed / Julie said...

Ooohh. That is so sad! Bye, Blue!! Where did it go?

Nikki said...

I completely understand...I remember growing up and my parents had the same issue with a chair of my dads... He looked so sad after it left lol. I love the one last picture :)

KK said...

What a great post! :) Bye bye blue!

Jill said...

Love this post...not silly at all!!

Jennifer said...

Way to honor the memory of Blue! I love a couch with great napability!