Sunday, December 18, 2011

Oh, mom!

 

I enjoy crafting, sewing, gluing, painting…really just being creative.  Being a mother offers me many opportunities to use my creativity.  My list is usually quite long, so when I have the chance to sit down and work on a project it feels good.  In the past, I have offered a chance for the boys to either help with the project, or given them a similar project (more to their scale) that I “think” they would enjoy.  They usually come over interested and oblige with the project for a whopping 3 minutes and then run off to do their “boy stuff”.  This afternoon, was a little different….

The boys approached me one weekday afternoon, while I was preparing dinner, asking for something fun to do.  I have had cardboard letters, J and C, for quite some time now, with a fun project in mind for them.  I decided to wait till we move (no need to put more holes in the wall, right?!) for the project.  These would be perfect for a quick fun project for the boys.

I gathered some orange and gray yarn, and the cardboard letters.  Showed the boys how to wrap the yarn around the letters, and stepped back into the kitchen to finish dinner.

Soon, I hear lots of giggles coming from Carter, and Josh crying for help.

This is what I look in to see:

Dec. 2011 002

Dec. 2011 005

I don’t have a close up of Josh, but he finally after desperately trying to wind the yarn around his letter “J”, looked at me and said, “Mom, really?!”  Ah, fun times!

1 comment:

KK said...

hahahaha. this Susanne, is why you need a little girl in your life. but if that doesn't happen, there are always girlfriends to craft with right???