Wednesday, December 14, 2011

SURPRISE

Yeah! I’m so excited, I can hardly stand it! 

Yesterday while at work I get a strange text from my beautiful friend, Kim.  She asks, “What’s your middle name?”  Hmm, that’s a mighty strange or maybe just random question.  Then she asks me, “What’s your birth year?”  Okay, now I’m intrigued!  What is she up to?  She informs me that I will find out soon enough. 

Oh, and I did!  SHE’S FLYING ME OUT TO NY TO SEE HER!  I wish I could explain how overly excited I am, but I can’t seem to find the words to accurately describe this feeling of elation (oh, maybe that does describe it). 

Carter's 2nd birthday 023

Kim is one of my dearest friends and her and her husband, Lucas, moved to Stony Brook, NY this last summer for his residence in Orthopedic surgery.   Not only were they starting a new stage of life across the country in a whole new state, but they were expecting their first child, Malin, soon after their arrival in NY.  Their departure was hard for both Michael and I because we became very close with them and absolutely enjoyed their company.  And frankly, it’s just hard saying good bye to such dear friends.

So you can imagine my pure excitement when Kim sent me an itinerary for NYC!  image

Thank you KIm, for the sweetest surprise and gift ever!  Looking forward to seeing you guys, and sweet lil Malin!

See you soon! 

 

3 comments:

Ed / Julie said...

Oh Susanne! That is AMAZING! I love your friend Kim, and I've never even met her!! When do you go??? Did Michael know about the surprise?

Jill said...

That is the BEST surprise ever! I seriously got teary-eyed reading your post. :)

KK said...

The gift is actually very selfish because I can't wait to hang out with you in NY!