Friday, November 9, 2012

Nov.7: Redlands Christian School

There is many, many reasons I am thankful for Redlands Christian School (RCS).  This year, Josh's 1st grade year, has added even more reasons to that list. 

RCS has provided my husband with his dream job for 12 years.  Michael loves his job, and that may even be a bit of an understatement.   I know very few people that wake up as excited for their job as Michael does.  I know my husband well and he has such a passion for those kids and he has such a gift for what he does.  I really admire him, and I try to tell him that often.  Though one of my favorite things of all time is seeing how much my father in-law admires him and continually tells him how talented and gifted Michael is at teaching.  Teaching is definitely a gift and RCS has given him the opportunity to use that gift to his best ability.

We have had the privilege of seeing more people with this same gift work in Josh's life this year....his 1st grade teachers (Laura Witvliet & Mary DeWaard).  Josh just beams when he talks about his teachers and what they are doing in class.  I have cried tears of joy to see such amazing joy in my child's heart for learning and his teachers.  Each of Josh's three years at RCS so far we have had such amazing teachers.  I am so thankful for Lynda Hofman, Julie Brandenberg, Laura & Mary for using your gift and passion to share God's world by show God's love to Josh.  I know he will always treasure each of you and remember the love that you showed him forever AND that is priceless. 

The community of parents that surround and love the school.  I absolutely enjoy walking Josh in to school in the morning and seeing all of the smiles on familiar parents faces.  It brings such delight and comfort to me to see that my child is surrounded by loving people that genuinely care about others and about their school.



No comments: