Sunday, November 18, 2012

In-laws

Growing up you hear about, "those crazy in-laws" and how much they drive the spouse bonkers.  Well I have to say I feel awfully blessed because my in-laws are anything but crazy.  Michael's parents are kind, compassionate, loving, God fearing, grandkid spoiling, family loving people.  It goes to show in how they raised such a great son, Michael.  I will never forget the first time I met them and how at ease they made me feel and how I immediately felt part of the family.  They have such a natural way of making sure everyone is comfortable and feeling loved.  They are seriously the #1 host & hostess.

Christmas time is always extra special when under their roof.  Not only are they great a hosting, but they reflect the kind of marriage that Michael and I strive for.  They understand each other with out having to say anything and understand their roles as they move around playing host to all us kids and grandkids.  Before Michael and I got married we would sit and talk about what was important to us in a marriage and what our roles would be.  I will never forget b/c it was then that I realized how much Michael admired his parents, he said, "I would like to have the kind of marriage my parents have."  Well, as if I hadn't fallen in love with him already, I was absolutely head over heals for him now.  A man that admires and respects his parents is one that I am proud to raise my children with.   I'm thankful for my in-laws and the example they set for their kids, b/c I know that Michael's siblings would reciprocate what he said.  I'm thankful for their incredible trust and faith in God and how they raised each of their children to live each day as a reflection in Christ.

Not only have they blessed Michael by raising him with solid morals, but they have blessed me and our kids to give us such a great man to admire and love.  Thank you, Mom & Dad!




1 comment:

Ed / Julie said...

Again, all I have to say is AMEN, SISTER!