Sunday, February 6, 2011

 

 

A New Purpose

When I first started our blog it was with the hope of helping out of state family stay connected…you know all the things that are hard to say over the phone.  I thought I would be more committed to posting, but when you everyday life just seems so ordinary you don’t see any reason to post.  Yet, I try to remind myself that our ho-hum days are fun and interesting to our families and friends.  Even with that said, a friend said something to me the other day that made me realized that I have been blogging, or lack of blogging, for all the wrong reasons and this I made me very sad.  She said, that I should post and my boys wouldn’t regret it.  I can’t thank her enough because even though it made me very sad to think of all the moments that I’ve missed, it made me happy to know that it’s never too late to start.  So I hope that with a new found purpose our blog will be a way to write our memories, or everyday moments that Michael and I, or the boys can look back on and treasure…a public journal or memoir, per say. 

 

 

3 comments:

Ed / Julie said...

You have a very wise friend! I can't wait to share in your moments that you record! I love using my blog as a journal and once I get "caught up" in my scrapbooking, I plan to use my blog to create my scrapbooks, like someone would use a journal, but blogging is easier for me. But that's the whole reason why I scrapbook, for the girls. So, if you look at blogging in that way, like your friend suggested, I think you'll be very happy and we will all love hearing your moments and we will all feel closer, too!

DeJongs said...

Yes, yes she is! She is a wonderful friend.

Sarah Schenkel said...

I can't wait to read about your "ho-hum" life! :)