Thursday, August 8, 2013

Summer Camps 2013

My biggest fear about summer vacations from school is that my kids will get bored.  Not annoying, whiny, or rambunctious, but B.O.R.E.D.  Now don't get me wrong because annoying, rambunctious, and whiny all happen. My kids are no exception, and I don't blame them.  That is why I chose not fight those fires and get down to the root of it all with boredom.  You know what I'm talking about (uh, huh, I see you nodding your head)!  So my solution was summer camps!

I aligned a few options for the boys to chose from depending on our vacation schedule and they chose the ones they would enjoy the most.  Once we had our vacation schedule finalized we registered them for their camps.  Josh chose to do the Camp TLC at Trinity Church and Carter chose swim lessons at the University of Redlands with the Ducey Swim Camp.

Camp TLC offers different options, or electives, for the kids to chose from when they come to camp.  Josh chose to do field games.  He enjoyed it for the first two days, but grew bored with them.  He said next year he wants to try the Bulldog Sports Camp at the University of Redlands.  I have heard rave reviews, so I'm excited for him to try it.

Carter's experience w/ the swim camp was amazing!  His teacher, Bryan Ducey, was an excellent teacher and I greatly appreciated his patience with Carter.  On the first day Carter wasn't so sure about all the people and vastness that is the U or R pool.  So Bryan put Carter on his back while he taught the other student.  Carter eventually warmed up and learned so much.

Needless to say, I think we averted boredom!



1 comment:

The Digital Illusion said...

The amazing thing about connecting with God is that feeling he fills your soul with. It’s almost like you want to dance. It’s almost like music is playing all around you and your rhythm is something straight out of a Thriller video. Stories will be written about how great you feel. And they should be. Christian retreat centers in Pennsylvania are an excellent spot to get your groove on. Look at Joy El Ministries;it’s packed with young people connecting with God in ways never seen before. Their secret is: Conversation. They allow young people to ask questions, explore, learn and plenty more! That’s what you want when you’re searching for God. You want to feel comfortable showing off those dance moves and this is the place to do it at.