Friday, April 6, 2012

Bangs


Fishing April '12 002
There’s a little story behind my bangs:  I had traditionally been getting a gentle A-line hair cut that sits just below my chin.  It had been my absolute favorite haircut and found it easy to maintain and could just blow dry with a round brush in the morning…can you say, Per.fect!  Yep, that was until I overheard two friends that are married with no kids, discussing one of their recent haircuts (the same haircut mentioned above), when the question was asked, “Are you sure it doesn’t look too much like the Mom bob?” My head whipped around so fast I’m surprised it didn’t just keep going, and I’m sure my chin touched the floor.  “Say, WHAaat? Did I just hear that right?  The Mom bob! Uh.No. You. Didn’t!  I love that hair cut, and it looked super cute on her.  I, of course, did not say anything, just picked my chin up and took a minute to reflect in silence. 
After some reflection, I realized she could easily be right. *Sigh*  Who am to know what someone unlike myself, a mother ,would think of that haircut.  Needless to say, I will definitely still be cutting my hair in the gentle A-line and enjoy, no love, the hair style.  Right now though, I am growing my hair out, because it sounds like fun.  Kinda like the bangs!

2 comments:

Ed / Julie said...

I disagree! It is not the Mom Bob - it's very trendy, yes, but it crosses the generations and it looks very good on you. That said, the bangs are really cute and I think you'd look great with long layered hair, too! And every girl needs to change up her hair every now and then!

DeJongs said...

I completely agree with you, Julie, that it's looks great cross generations. I absolutely love the cut and will definitely do it again.