Sunday, October 30, 2011

 

Family

We had the joy and pleasure of hosting grandpa and grandma DeJong in Southern California for a few days in August.  As always it was a wonderful visit with lots of fun, and we were even able to hang two new doors.  Thanks, Dad!

On Sunday after church we traveled down to Coronado for some fun at the beach.  Coronado is by far our favorite beach and for many reasons- quiet, hardly anyone around, easy parking, great sand, great location, and you just can’t beat the views.  Josh loved the water, and Carter loved the sand.  It amazes me constantly how much Josh is growing up as a boy.  He braved the ocean with Michael most of the afternoon, stopping for a few sunscreen reapplications (bummer of being a red head at the beach).  Carter loves the sand and burying his legs and animals as well…very cute.  Too bad I don’t have any pictures, but you will rarely see us bring our camera in the sand anymore; we paid a $100 a year ago to get a speck of sand out of our lens.

We hit up dinner at this little restaurant near our hotel a bit later after showering off from the beach.  The restaurant serves breakfast all day, so I jumped on that like white on rice.  I very rarely eat breakfast and if I do it’s a yogurt.  Even if I had time to sit down and eat no one in my house likes my favorite breakfast, a Greek omelet.  So that being said, breakfast it was and boy they had the best hash browns EVER…and I’m not a big fan of hash browns (too much carbs for the me).

After dinner we looked to come up with a plan for Monday at Seaworld….the boys helped

014

010

SeaWorld is so much fun especially with the ages that Josh and Carter are at.  Thanks Mom and Dad for taking us.  To start our visit out, and I highly recommend this, we hit up a ride were you get soaked, I mean absolutely drenched – or at least I did….good thing it ended up being a beautiful sunny day.  We were able to see almost every show and keep the boys attention at each one, mine especially at the Sea Lion and Otter show (sorry, but Biff is hilarious).  We had so much fun and can’t wait to return.

Here are a few fun picture of our day:

021

032

038

046

048

082

083

No comments: